Ageing + Communication + Technologies (ACT) is an international research project based at Concordia University, examining the transformation of the experiences of ageing with the proliferation of new forms of mediated communications in networked societies. ACT works with over 30 partners internationally, and works closely with community organizations in Montreal. In addition, we are currently co-organizing a major event in May 2019 called B/OLD: Aging in our city.
We are seeking a self-driven and dynamic communication professional to undertake major components of the outreach, communication and knowledge mobilization for both the B/OLD event and the ACT project.
20 hours a week, limited term contract (4 months)
Salary: $25-$28/hour, depending on experience
- Make recommendations to B/OLD organization committee or ACT management about communication priorities and opportunities.
- Implement all components of external and internal communication plan for B/OLD, including media relations and community outreach.
- Working with a team that includes a translator and designer, coordinate the production of digital and print communication materials in both French and English.
- Develop content, a newsletter, and manage web and social media presence.
- Assist in miscellaneous tasks as needed, including administrative tasks.
Competencies and skills
- Excellent ability to communicate in English and strong writing skills. The ability to understand, speak and write in French is a strong asset for this position.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, MailChimp and WordPress. Experience in graphic design and sound and video editing is an asset.
- Ability to quickly integrate a new work environment, to independently acquire new skills and to work within a team.
- Availability to work flexible hours, with an increased workload in April and May 2019.
- An interest in age/aging, community engagement, and digital technologies is an asset.
Please send cover letter and CV to Constance Lafontaine (email@example.com).