Dr Maria Sourbati is a senior lecturer in the School of Art, Design and Media at the University of Brighton, UK.
She is member of the in COST Action IS1402: Ageism: an interdisciplinary perspective (http://www.cost.eu/COST_
Selected publications on these topics are below:
- Sourbati, M (2015) ‘Age(ism) in digital information provision: The case of online public services for older adults’. Conference proceedings HCII 2015, Springer (Berlin) 2015 (Forthcoming, August 2015)
- Sourbati, M (2015) ‘Ageism: a barrier to social inclusion in the 21st century’. In Studi Interdisciplinari sulla Famiglia – Interdisciplinary Studies on the Family. The Family Studies and Research University Centre, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore issue No.28 (forthcoming, 2015)
- Sourbati, M (2012) ‘Disabling communications? A capabilities perspective on media access, social inclusion and communication policy’ Media, Culture and Society, 34(5): 571-587.
- Sourbati, M. (2011) ‘The digital switchover as an information society initiative: The role of public policy in promoting access to digital ICTs’. Telematics and Informatics Vol. 28(4) : 295-302 (Elsevier)
- Sourbati, M. (2009) ‘“It could be useful but not for me at the moment”. Older people, internet access, and public service provision.’ New Media and Society, 11(7):1083-1100
- Sourbati, M. (2010) ‘Non Users in the Information Society. Learning from the older generation’, pp. 107-118, in Gebhardt, J, Greif, H, Raycheva, L, Lobet-Maris, C and Lasen, A (eds) Experiencing the Broadband Society. Berlin: Peter Lang.
- Sourbati, M (2008) ‘On older people, Internet access and electronic service delivery. A study of sheltered homes’ in Enid Mante-Meijer, E, Haddon, L and Loos, E (eds) The Social Dynamics of Information and Communication Technology, pp. 95-104 Ashgate.
- Sourbati, M. (2004) Internet Use in Sheltered Housing: Older people’s access to new media and online service delivery, from ‘The Digital Age: Opportunities or Exclusion’ Series, Joseph Rowntree Foundation. ISBN 1 85 935 168 9.
- Sourbati, M. (2004) ‘Digital television, online connectivity and electronic service delivery: Implications for communications policy (and research)’, Media Culture and Society, Vol. 26(4): 585-59.