1. Media representation
Since 2009, I have been studying the image broadcasted throughout the media, by analyzing the media message, the topics and the representation comprised. Starting with 2013, I have been focusing on how different age groups (mainly elders) construct representations of certain social actors and how this is being influenced by the media message.
2. National and European identity among Romanian elders
For my postdoctoral research I am studying the construction of national and European identity among Romanian elders.
My focus is on how Romanians that have lived their adult life before the fall of the communism refer to the national identity and how they construct the European identity.
Relevant recent publications:
- Daba-Buzoianu, C., Cirtita-Buzoianu, C., (2014). Europe on the margins of national agendas. The case of Romanian public agenda during recent protests. In Sfera politicii, 177, XXII, (25-30).
- Daba-Buzoianu, C. (2013). Morfologia imaginii (Morphology of image). Iași: Institutul European.
- Daba-Buzoianu C., Erdogan Tosun, G., Toker, H. (2013). ‘This is not about Europe!’ The absence of EU-related themes on the agendas of recent Romanian and Turkish protests. In Loredana Radu, Alina Bargaoanu, Nicoleta Corbu, The Crisis of the European Union. Identity, Citizenship and Solidarity Reassessed. Bucharest: comunicare.ro (154-173).
- Daba-Buzoianu, C., Cirtita-Buzoianu, C., (2013). Media Picture Politics: a Communicational Analysis of the Romanian Media Public Space. In Revista de Sociologie Romaneasca, 1, XI (19-29).
- Daba-Buzoianu, C., Cirtita-Buzoianu, C. (2013). Stereotypes of Romanians: Analysing the image of Romanians in the
national press. In Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, 81, 1, (206-211).
- Daba-Buzoianu, C. (2012). Myself and other: Perspectives on identity and alterity. In D. Morrone (ed.). Learning
without frontiers (pp. 153-157). Montreal: Presses Internationales Polytechniques.
- Halic, B.-A., Chiciudean, I., Bira, M., & Buzoianu, C., (2009), Management of social reactions under globalization
conditions (pp. 153-162). In P. Dobrescu, R. Pricopie & M. A. Ionescu, (eds.), R&D Perspectives. Promoting innovation through education, culture and communication. Bucharest: Comunicare.ro.