National University of Political Studies and Public Administration
Faculty of Communication and Public Relations
- Health communication by means of ICTs
After I got my PhD in Sociology, I’ve been interested in doing research on how different social groups (mainly elders) use ICTs for health and wealth. Currently, I’m running a postdoctoral research regarding the use of health-apps in later life. My interests also revolve around testing and constructing persuasive messages for public health campaigns.
- Nonverbal communication
Since 2004, I have been studying nonverbal communication by analysing how different types of behaviors (facial expressions; appearance and dress; nonverbal sensitivity) impact the personal and professional life of individuals.
Relevant recent publications:
- Duduciuc, Alina, Ivan, Loredana și Chelcea, Septimiu. (2013). Psihologie socială: studiul interacțiunilor umane [Social Psychology: the study of human interactions]. București: Editura Comunicare ro.
- Duduciuc, Alina. (2012). Sociologia modei: stil vestimentar și dezirabilitate socială [Sociology of Fashion. Dress code and social desirability]. Iași: Institutul European.
- Ivan, Loredana & Duduciuc, Alina (eds.) (2012). Comunicare nonverbală şi construcţii sociale [Nonverbal communication and social constructions]. București: Editura Tritonic.
- Duduciuc, Alina. (2014). Taste, fashion and adolescence identity: the social function of fashion trends. In L. Ivan, C. Daba-Buzoianu & B. Gray (eds). Mapping heterogeneity: Qualitative research in communication (pp.55-69). Bucharest: Tritonic Publishing House.
- Duduciuc, Alina. (2014). Teenagers and the use of new technologies (ICTs) for health information. Studies and Scientific Research. Economics Edition, 20.
- Duduciuc, Alina. (2014). Student’s interpersonal competence during the first university semester. In M. F. Freda. Reflexivity in higher education research and models of intervention for underachieving students (pp. 303-314).Roma: Aracne Editrice.
- Duduciuc, Alina. (2014). Rolul competenței interpersonale în relațiile părinte-student [Interpersonal competence mediating the student-parent relations]. In L. Ivan, E.M. Iorga & D. Stănescu (eds.). Competență emoțională și evaluare personală [Emotional competence and self- assessment] (pp. 63-84). București: Editura Tritonic.
- Duduciuc, Alina. (2012). Nonverbal Sensitivity and Students’ Motor Performance. In G. Rață, G. Clintan & P. L. Runcan. Applied Social Science: Communication Studies (pp. 91-99). London: Cambridge Scholars Publishing.
- Duduciuc, Alina (2012). Nonverbal competence and motor performance in students. The Pedagogy Magazine, 60 (1).
- Duduciuc, Alina. (2012). Facial discrimination of political candidates and voting behaviour. Sfera Politicii, 168, 41-52.
- Ivan, Loredana & Duduciuc, Alina. (2011). Social skills, nonverbal sensitivity and academic success. The key role of centrality in student networks for higher grades achievement. Review of Research and Social Intervention, 33, 151-166.